CALL FOR ENTRY: International Elephant Film Festival
Entry is free: Deadline: 15 January 2016
The Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival is currently inviting applications for its International Elephant Film Festival 2016. IEFF is presented by Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival & United Nations/CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna). The Festival is a component of worldwide public engagement efforts to empower action and inspire a sense of personal responsibility and stewardship for elephant conservation and in creating an equitable and sustainable future. Participants are asked to submit media into one or more of the following categories:
- Issues & Solutions
- Elephant Hero
- People & Elephants
- Asian Elephants
- Science & Elephants
- African Voices
- Micro-Movie (under 5 minutes)
- There is no entry fee for submission.
- Entries for the Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Competition are invited from media producers from around the world.
- Entries must be completed since January 1, 2007. Both previously broadcasted and not-yet premiered programs are eligible
- Media submitted may be of any length, may originate in any format (including animation, web page, etc.) and be fictional or non-fictional. Motion picture programs must have mixed (mono/stereo) audio track on both channels, must be an English version (dubbed or subtitled), and programs with visible time-code will not be accepted.
The call for entries will close January 15, 2016 and finalists will be announced in February. Winners will be celebrated at a high level event to coincide with global launch of World Wildlife Day at UN Headquarters in NYC, on March 3, 2016.
Winning/Finalist Films will be subsequently showcased extensively throughout the world, with specifically targeted areas to include African nations, China, the United States, Vietnam and Thailand, through screening events and local broadcast stations. Subtitled DVDs will be distributed free to schools and libraries, free screenings for local NGOs and elephant stakeholders to incorporate into their own programming.
Visit www.internationalelephantfilmfestival.org to enter.